phantomtrooper

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
i have an asus p5n-d motherboard with a nforce 750i chipset and i need to update the bios to fix the full screen video glitch i keep having. http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2190&p_created=1209435626&p_sid=*nYCv84j&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=1971&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MiwyJnBfcHJvZHM9MCZwX2NhdHM9MCZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9dmlkZW8gY29ycnVwdGlvbg**&p_li=&p_topview=1

my question is how do i go about updating the bios. first, should i use the ezflash 2 utility or the asus update software (updates bios in a windows environment). second, do i have to update bios incrementaly or can i jump to the latest version. ive never done this before so please be descriptive.

Generally, doing the update via bootable disk (floppy or CD, generally CD lately) is the safer way to do it. I've done my last two BIOS updates via Windows and it has gone well. Granted these were with an XFX motherboard.

Generally I don't like Asus' update and monitoring software. Never had good luck with it. Their motherboards however, I've always had good luck with. Just not their software.

If you have any OverClock settings, set everything to Default before you flash your BIOS. LAST thing you want is the system to lock up or reboot during a BIOS flash. That happens and you're just about screwed.