[SOLVED] Updating graphics card problem.

kris05

Honorable
Jun 26, 2017
I have a pretty dated laptop still using a GT 720M 2GB version. Anyway, GeForce Experience is not detecting any updates for some reason so I went onto the side and looked manually. I'm about like 90 versions behind (latest is 471, and I'm on 390-ish). I downloaded the standard version and it said it's not compatible, even if I'm correctly running Windows 10 64-bit. Then when shifting the choices to DCH, there's none found. What gives?
Thanks.

Solution
You should never believe that different versions are the same.
Your try clearly proves it.
The available updates does not apply to the version you have, sadly it ends there.

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
The available updates does not apply to the version you have, sadly it ends there.

Solution

kris05

Honorable
Jun 26, 2017
The weird thing is that GeForce Experience is also telling me I'm missing an update while telling me there's no new updates, so I was confused and though that the app was just malfunctioning and not able to download.

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
I understand your frustration.
I would be exactly as frustrated experiencing this myself.

I have been in electronics for more than 50yrs now (since age 16) and nothing can be taken for granted.
You have to be very stringent on specifications and differences herein.