[SOLVED] UPDATING MOTHERBOARD BIOS

May 15, 2020
Hi gang. Please don't think I'm lazy. The act of updating the motherboard isn't an issue as I know how to do it but I'm finding it impossible to find the bios that I need. I've tried for a while and I'm that desperate I'm nearly using thing that I don't even think they'll work. If someone could help I'd appreciate as now I have windows 10 my PC is only running on 4 ram. Here is some info. ---
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 080015, 03/11/2010
BIOS Mode - Legacy

BaseBoard Product MCP61M-M3
BaseBoard version 7.0
Manufacturer ECS

Thanks for your time.

Solution
RAM will run at the lowest speed. So if you had 1x4GB DDR3-1066 and 1x4GB DDR3-1333, the 1333GHz RAM would slow down to 1066GHz.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan

Why are you trying to update the BIOS?

-Wolf sends

May 15, 2020
Is that an update sorry? When I looked at it I thought it meant to download that current Bios version as it only allows windows XP / VISTA. I'm updating because the Bios is 10 years old and now that I have windows 10 it is no longer recognising my ram and it thinks I only have one ram stick in instead of two. Also my PC is sometimes crashing out of the blue. I think I'm over due updating it I just cant find a modern Bios to update to.

Wolfshadw

Titan
That's the problem with hardware. It loses support soon after something newer comes out. The link I provided is the only BIOS available for your motherboard. Since your motherboard only has drivers for XP and Vista, I'd say it is high time for a system upgrade.

-Wolf sends

May 15, 2020
You're definitely right, sorry when I seen it was the only bios there I thought there was just not an update, I didnt realise there was a program you could use to see if you need an update then I found it and it said I dont need one. When you say I need new hardware, do you mean as in new RAM or the receiver of the ram? Also worth noting both the ram sticks are the same type

May 15, 2020
Found out the answer, one of them ram cards doesnt work but the other done does, both slots work it's just a dodgy disk - if my ram at the minute is 4gb 800 ghz could I use a seperate ram that had a higher amount of Ghz or do they need to be the same? Had eye on a 8gb 1600 ghz