[SOLVED] Updating my PC, hows this build?

Logan finch

Reputable
Apr 4, 2017
Hello! I feel its time to update some parts of my pc so here is what parts am buying:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHZ
Corsair RM850x 80+ Gold rated PSU Fully Modular
Corsair Carbide Series 275R Case
Corsair Hydro H100 X 240MM Radiator water cooler

Parts I have/keeping:
MB: B450 Tomahawk
GPU: RTX 2080
Storage: 2TB HDD
500gb SSD
120GB SSD for windows etc

Parts am replacing with said new ones:
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 with stock cooler
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16gb 3000MHZ
Case: CiT Blaze
PSU: 750W Integrator Areocool

Some things to point out that may be asked:
The ram upgrade me not seem worth it however this ram has been in a while and want a better look with the RGB and just that little extra speed whether its noticeable or not

Writing this I noticed its a lot of Corsair components, am not bias towards them or wanting a corsair orientated build so am open to other brands if you recommend different parts

Also trying to stay cheap! But please throw questions and suggestions at me!

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Will this be significant power for the whole build? And also give me small overclocking room for my CPU?
In nearly all cases - yes. Asides from the latest NVIDIA series, nearly all consumer PCs can run perfectly on a good quality 650W. The RTX 2080 can actually run on a 600W in most cases perfectly fine as it can pull around 230W under heavy loads.

if you wanted potential future GPU upgradability or want to do heavier overclocking, then you could opt for a great quality 750W which will also give you your additional pins for CPU overclocking if needed. But 750W would be MORE than enough.

SoumithCS

Reputable
Oct 6, 2020
Hello! I feel its time to update some parts of my pc so here is what parts am buying:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHZ
Corsair RM850x 80+ Gold rated PSU Fully Modular
Corsair Carbide Series 275R Case
Corsair Hydro H100 X 240MM Radiator water cooler

Parts I have/keeping:
MB: B450 Tomahawk
GPU: RTX 2080
Storage: 2TB HDD
500gb SSD
120GB SSD for windows etc

Parts am replacing with said new ones:
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 with stock cooler
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16gb 3000MHZ
Case: CiT Blaze
PSU: 750W Integrator Areocool

Some things to point out that may be asked:
The ram upgrade me not seem worth it however this ram has been in a while and want a better look with the RGB and just that little extra speed whether its noticeable or not

Writing this I noticed its a lot of Corsair components, am not bias towards them or wanting a corsair orientated build so am open to other brands if you recommend different parts

Also trying to stay cheap! But please throw questions and suggestions at me!
Uhh you might use the B450 MOBO for stock applications because off its weak VRM power delivery but for using the full potential of Zen 2 I kindly advice you to buy a budget or high end X570 MSI, Aorus Mobo. I am using my a MSI X570 Gaming plus paired with RTX 2060 Super and Ryzen 5 3600XT with CPU clock speeds consistent at 4565MHz.