tuvsh

Reputable
Jun 5, 2018
Hello all :)

So I am thinking about trying to update my system. Everything besides the SSD are all about 9 years old( could be older i dont remember). I was wondering (best bang for the buck) which new motherboard, CPU, and graphics card(and maybe a new monitor if we can squeeze it in) should I think about getting. My budget I would like to go about 1K but willing to go above, with a max out of $1500.
The only thing I can think of to note is I am not a heavy gamer.

TY for taking the time to read this post!

All the best!

Solution
Hi :)

I will to list whatever parts I can find/remeber.
CPU AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor 3.50 GHz
The motherboard is
ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 AM3+/AM3 AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard.
Ggraphics card ( I think) AMD Radeon R9 200 / HD 7900 series
PSU EVGA 600B

Please let me know if you need to know anything else.
Good morning!

Well, I can see why you would like to upgrade. With that system, just switching out individual parts likely won't be enough, though. Especially that PSU should go I think. Good news is, that you should be able to get something decent for $1500. Like this, for example
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kg6HBj

Would be able to play everything at 1080p. That should...

KyaraM

Admirable
Can you please list the rest of your system (PSU especially, including condition and age) so we have a framework for how much power is available without upgrade? What else is the system used for? What games are we talking, and what screen resolution?

tuvsh

Reputable
Jun 5, 2018
Purpose of the new system?

What are specs of the old system? In what way does it not satisfy your needs anymore?
Hi :),
Purpose of the a newer system is if I can afford a newer system why not.
The old system works fine, I was just thinking about updating because it is old...
Hope this answer your question.

tuvsh

Reputable
Jun 5, 2018
Can you please list the rest of your system (PSU especially, including condition and age) so we have a framework for how much power is available without upgrade? What else is the system used for? What games are we talking, and what screen resolution?

The motherboard is
ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 AM3+/AM3 AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard.
PSU EVGA 600B

KyaraM

Admirable

The motherboard is
PSU EVGA 600B

Good morning!

Well, I can see why you would like to upgrade. With that system, just switching out individual parts likely won't be enough, though. Especially that PSU should go I think. Good news is, that you should be able to get something decent for $1500. Like this, for example
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kg6HBj

Would be able to play everything at 1080p. That should also last a couple years more even if you get into gaming. Though as said before, an upgrade doesn't seem necessary if you don't intend to game, or start to. And for an office system, an i3-12100 or a Ryzen 5 5600G without dedicated GPU would be sufficient too. The Ryzen can even be used for limited gaming.

Edit: changed the link since for some reason, the Mainboard was missing.

Solution