Updating Open GL?

Agent8018

Reputable
Sep 12, 2014
Alright, so I had Windows 7 Home Premium on this oldish laptop I'm using. I upgraded to Windows 10, the went to Ubuntu, and am now back to Windows 7. There's this game I would always use to play on Windows 7 the first time around. (Bloons TD5 Steam) and it worked flawlessly. I upgraded to Windows 10, it stopped working. It isn't available for Linux. So now I'm back on Windows 7, and it says I need to upgrade my OpenGL to atleast 2.0, as it's currently on 1.1. The computer has an Intel Celeron 900, and the driver utility says that there are no available drivers for my product. Help?

Solution
Bloons TD5 is way fun :) I've had this exact problem before with Intel graphics drivers. The problem lies in the driver that comes with Windows, specifically that it's sucky and doesn't have reasonable OpenGL support built-in, thus defaulting to a craptastic software renderer. If your driver utility won't bring up any results, you'll probably need to manually install the driver through the Device Manager: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html The Celeron 900 doesn't have integrated graphics, so you'll have to search by chipset. If it's as old as I think it is, you're probably look at something like the 82865 Graphics Controller. If I knew the exact model of the laptop, I could probably link you...

voltoid27

Reputable
Sep 17, 2014
Bloons TD5 is way fun :) I've had this exact problem before with Intel graphics drivers. The problem lies in the driver that comes with Windows, specifically that it's sucky and doesn't have reasonable OpenGL support built-in, thus defaulting to a craptastic software renderer. If your driver utility won't bring up any results, you'll probably need to manually install the driver through the Device Manager: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html The Celeron 900 doesn't have integrated graphics, so you'll have to search by chipset. If it's as old as I think it is, you're probably look at something like the 82865 Graphics Controller. If I knew the exact model of the laptop, I could probably link you right to the driver.

Solution