Updating Windows 10 32bit to 64bit

Apr 26, 2018
Hi,I'm trying to update my 32 bit windows 10 to a 64 bit,so I try to the disk from the BIOS but my keyboard is not working, and whenever I try to use the external keyboard the the BIOS won't load,it will only show a blank screen unless i restart it without the external,so i try to load the BIOS from the advance settings in Troubleshooting but turns out I'm using legacy so I can't find UEFI, any help guys?

Solution

Backup all your data since it will be wiped from your computer

Ok, you need a USB flash drive 8GB or larger.
Connect the flash drive to the computer (all files on the flash drive will be erased)
Head to Microsoft website and download the media creation tool.
Run the media creation tool and select 'Create installation media for another PC' and click Next.
Select the language (English), edition (Home), and architecture (64-bit) for Windows 10.
Select the USB flash drive.
After completing, shutdown your PC.
Power on your laptop and press ESC during the ASUS boot process. Select USB boot device (e.g: UEFI: Kingston Drive).
On the 'Windows...

You cannot update or upgrade to Windows 10 64-bit from the 32-bit version. You need to perform a clean installation which will wipe previous version will all data.
Is your PC compatible with Windows 10 64-bit? Do you have a CPU that supports Windows 10 64-bit?
Could you post your system model or system component list.

Backup all your data since it will be wiped from your computer

Ok, you need a USB flash drive 8GB or larger.
Connect the flash drive to the computer (all files on the flash drive will be erased)
Head to Microsoft website and download the media creation tool.
Run the media creation tool and select 'Create installation media for another PC' and click Next.
Select the language (English), edition (Home), and architecture (64-bit) for Windows 10.
Select the USB flash drive.
After completing, shutdown your PC.
Power on your laptop and press ESC during the ASUS boot process. Select USB boot device (e.g: UEFI: Kingston Drive).
On the 'Windows Setup,' click Next to begin installation.
Click the 'Install Now' button.
If you see an 'Activate Windows' screen, click on 'I don't have a product key' link. Click the Next button.
Agree to license terms to continue.
Select the 'Custom: Install Windows only (Advanced).'
You will see several partitions (e.g. Drive 0 Partition 1, Drive 0 Partition 2, etc ), select and delete each one (You could keep the OEM partition that contains the rescue/restore system, if one day you want to go back to how you got the laptop from the manufacturer).
Select the empty drive Drive 0 Unallocated Space and click Next.
The Windows 10 setup will take over from here until you need to enter your personal settings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you cannot boot from the USB flash drive, then you need to enter into the BIOS setup to enable it.
While the system is on, press and hold the Shift key then turn off the system.
Now, press and hold the F2 key and while holding it hit the power button. Do not release the F2 button until the BIOS open.

There are several ways to do it
1- Change the boot order to boot from USB flash drive
In the BIOS click the Save & Exit tab
Under BOOT Override, select the select USB drive.

2- Hold and press the ESC key, and while pressing it press the power button to turn on the laptop.
Select the flash drive from the list.

3- In the BIOS click the BOOT tab, then enable Launch CSM.
Click the Security tab and disable Secure Boot Control
Press the F10 key to save the changes.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS