Updating Windows 10 to the latest version 1607 causes black screen and no cursor

Crypto6

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
If I am on an older version of Windows 10- I can run it no problem. But as soon as I update to the latest version, during the middle of the installation process- the installation will just go black and will stay that way until I shut my computer off and turn it back on- no cursor, no nothing- computer will then tell me it needs to roll back to the previous version of Windows and then it works fine again.

Specs:
i3 6100 w/ integrated Intel HD 530 Graphics
MSI H110M Pro-VD Motherboard
8GB DDR4 Memory
240GB SSD
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

A few things I have tried:
- Flashed BIOS to the latest version
- Checked BIOS settings- changed them to default settings- also made sure I was in UEFI, I heard disabling Fast Boot may solve this problem too which I disabled but it didn't obviously.
- Made sure graphics drivers are the latest version- same with chipset.

Any other ideas to try? It's a massive update and doesn't matter how long I leave it- black screen, no cursor- only way of getting out is turning machine off and on again for it to roll back to previous Windows version.
If no other suggestions work... is there a chance I can disable Windows updates?

Crypto6

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
Current (working) version I am running: 1511
Version I am trying to upgrade to: 1607

EDIT: Will mention I tried running the Windows 10 upgrade assistant and the Windows 10 Update tool in Settings.

Crypto6

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014

Had no idea they had 1607 as an installation ISO.. thank you! Saved me a lot of time and hassle.