Upgarding 600w PSU

SasquatchNunu

Reputable
Mar 6, 2015
Currently running a Corsair 600w CX. My price ranges from $150-$200, would like to be at a 750w or 1000w. Any suggestions? I am running a Nvidia GTX 1070 TI SC which I believe only calls for a 500w PSU nonetheless I'd still like to upgrade.

Also, my MB is little older ASUS H81M-D/EPlus (Intel H81 chipset) (MATX)

Processor: Intel Core i5 4570 3.20GHz (Quad Core)

From the information listed above what needs to upgraded first again trying to stay right around $220.. Thanks

Solution
If you arent having any issues with it then I personally wouldnt put any money into it.
Unless your PSU is acting up, its fine. Unless your processor isnt performing up to your standards then it can be left as well.
Which CX model? Green or grey label?
Given your specs, I would see no reason to get anything larger than a quality 550-650w unit.
Some choices: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/bkp323,sYyxFT,yc38TW,9nmxFT/

That being said, if your unit isnt causing any issues, I would invest the money into a new motherboard, RAM, and CPU setup.

Well if you upgrade your CPU, youll need a new motherboard, and there is no reason to upgrade your motherboard without getting a new MOBO+RAM.
If you ignore your PSU, for now, you could get a modern i5, 300 series board, and some DDR4 RAM if you want.