Question Upgrade 3060 Ti for gaming and editing - what to change ?

Sep 29, 2023
Hi.

Recently, games have become more and more demanding.

After changing the monitor from the old Eizo to the Samsung Oddysey 27, something strange started to happen.

Regular Cyberpunk on high (or even medium) settings can experience lag.

In addition, I process some photos in Photoshop and videos in DaVinci.

That's why I'm thinking about changing..

I was considering 4070ti or Radeon 7900xt/x.

AMD seems more powerful, but when it comes to "improvers" such as Framegenerator etc. and dlss, Nvidia takes the upper hand.

What would be better in such a situation?

The second question - how much of a bottleneck will the current 9900k processor be?
The new CP add-on has really high requirements and a million processors won't be enough (or maybe?).

The third question is the power supply.
I currently have SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 650W.
Will it not be too weak?

Thanks for help

NanoSuit3

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2017
So...................I had the exact problem you had only I CHOSE to upgrade; hear me out. My previous specs before upgrading were an ROG Maximus XI Hero Wifi, an i9-9900KS, 64Gbs of Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro with XMP at 3600Mhz, about 3TBs of Boot Drive with an additional 5TBs of backup for all the game & an ROG RTX 2080Ti OC with a 1300 Watt PSU cuz yk YOLO whatever you know to an ROG Z690-F Pro Gaming Wifi with an i9-12900K at 5.7Ghz, 128Gbs of Corsair Vengeance with XMP at 4000Mts, 4Tbs of Boot Drive with 8Tbs of Backup cuz I wanted all the games on the PC by then, an ROG RTX 4060Ti OC 16Gb ED with the 1300 Watt cuz agane YOLO. Now like I said I CHOSE to do this cuz your thinking why a 4060Ti OC 16Gb . . . it's cuz . . . It's affordable and worth the money now . . . with that said . . . I'd say from all this banter . . . get a 4060Ti 16Gb instead for reason being: It's been highly recommended by dozens of people who say that those who can't afford a Flagship Card 4080; think that it's beneficial cuz it's got the 16Gb of VRAM and it's cheap so yeah . . . also it's nice looking in my STRIX HELIOS CASE. Now, with the CPU bottlenecking and power questioning. YES, the 9900K was a great CPU . . . back in 2018-2020 but it's been almost half a decade and things changed so yeah it'll bottleneck. Specifically so on normal tasking if you weren't going to also get a CPU upgrade would bottleneck at around 15-37% Feedback loss at it's core so think about getting something equal to the 4060Ti I mentioned it you want? Now as for power, 650 Watts to me with a 9900K or better & soon a 4060Ti - 4070 Ti would require at least 750 Watts by benchmarking standards, that's why I overkilled and got a 1300 Watt PSU cuz I never know if I need more power . . . you can never have too much power. With all this said, your best bet in upgrade wise if you want better visual feedback, maintaining good quality, good frames and resolution pacing would be a 4080 actually if you can afford it otherwise a 4060Ti 16Gb with an i9-13900K..................................food for thoughts........................................Your welcome

Sep 29, 2023
Literally a few hours ago I ordered a 7900xtx. It was the most profitable, it came out a little more than 4070ti and the parameters are like 4080. See...