Upgrade 32-Bit Win7 Home Premium

G

Can I upgrade from 32-Bit Win7 Home Premium to 64-Bit Win7 Home Premium with: motherboard ASUS P5KC, INTEL CORE 2 DUO CPU, GIGABYTE GT 4300 1GB DDR3 memory GPU and 2x2GB + 2x1GB TRANSCEND DDR2 1066MHz of RAM system memory? :)

Solution
it will run the same as it does now with 32 bit win 7.

only difference will be the last bit of ram usage your not getting now with the 4 gb of ram. really the only reason to make the change is to get that last bit of ram used. but worth it overall.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
MS has said that the 32 and 64 bit versions are interchangeable. so long as you have a valid key for win 7, then either the 32 or 64 bit version can be installed.

you will have to do a fresh install though so back up anything you want to save. there is too much different under the hood to pretend to do it any other way. wipe the 32 bit install and then do a fresh one for the 64 bit install. should work easily. i have done this a few times myself with success.

G

MS has said that the 32 and 64 bit versions are interchangeable. so long as you have a valid key for win 7, then either the 32 or 64 bit version can be installed.

you will have to do a fresh install though so back up anything you want to save. there is too much different under the hood to pretend to do it any other way. wipe the 32 bit install and then do a fresh one for the 64 bit install. should work easily. i have done this a few times myself with success.

So, have i good configuration of my computer parts to install Windows7-64bit???

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
it will run the same as it does now with 32 bit win 7.

only difference will be the last bit of ram usage your not getting now with the 4 gb of ram. really the only reason to make the change is to get that last bit of ram used. but worth it overall.

Solution