Question Upgrade 580 gtx sli or replace system

May 25, 2019
I have an old system, 2600K, 580 gtx sli, 16 gig ddr3 ram. I wanted to get one 1660 ti to replace my 2 580 GTX because my system still does what I need it to do, but there is no more driver support for the video cards. I really don't want to buy a new computer at this time.

Which driver support are you talking about, SLI on the old GTX 580 ? Yes, you would be better off buying a SINGLE powerful GPU, rather than going SLI/CFX. On what Screen RESOLUTION do you play games ? What's the make/model of your PSU ?

The RTX 2060 might be another upgrade option, a bit more future-proof, IMO, but it's expensive as compared to other cards. This will all depend on the resolution of your Monitor's screen though.

May 25, 2019
Yes, I believe I don't get driver updates. because my cards are too old, and they stopped supporting them. My monitor is 1920x1200, 60Hgz. My power supply is a corsair 1200, so I don't think that should be a problem. I just want to know if at 1660 ti would give me better performance than 2 580 GTX cards, or if I should just buy a whole new system. If I upgrade anything else I'd have to upgrade the motherboard, cpu, cooler, ram and video card. At this point I really don't care for ray tracing.

TRENDING THREADS