Upgrade a amd fx cpu

artk2219

Distinguished

You are actually at pretty much the top of the line on AM3+, there isnt anything any better (power, heat, and noise wise) unless you go AM4 or LGA 1151. Have you tried playing with the voltages to see if you could dial them down and still keep the same clocks? Or slightly underclocked and undervolted?

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/741405-Undervolting-the-fx9370

OK ... its been a long time coming but it is time to chime in.

I have a 9590 ... and it runs fine at 4Ghz ... but that is it folks ... after that your in a SPORE UNIVERSE ... and Captain Tilly is then in control.

I have tried everything from custom air coolers to a Corsair 115i watercooler and all sorts of tweaks on the ram, the bios and even some Voodoo.

Forget it ... upgrade to a Ryzen.

This is a dead end like the 3200+ ... for those of you who remember.

Please ... no more threads on these.

Get a Ryzen if your AMD4LIFE ... or a late model INTEL if your not.

The moderator team has so many shorted neural pathways now I am unsure If we can heal them.

:)

I want what reynod is smoking. :p

as mention by many other the fx series is a dying breed, and your 9xxx cpu is pretty much at the top of that dinosaur pile, as suggested by other play with voltage or consider an upgrade to a new generation cpu/mobo/ram.

suggestions:
UtsXiko.png

g-unit1111

Titan

I agree 100%. The Ryzen 7 1700, 1700X, and 1800X make you forget that the FX-9590 ever existed! And this is coming from someone who is running both a Ryzen rig and an Intel rig.