Question upgrade a motherboard, processor, memory and storage using a Dell Precision T7400 case

May 14, 2022
Can I upgrade a motherboard, processor, memory and storage using a Dell Precision T7400 case?
If so, what do you recommend?

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
Can I upgrade a motherboard, processor, memory and storage using a Dell Precision T7400 case?
If so, what do you recommend?
Why?
The case is generally the least expensive component.

You'd also likely need a new PSU.
So a whole new system. Just get a new ATX compatible case to go with it.

For the parts....start here:

May 14, 2022
Thanks for the answer and the comment, I'll explain

The computer works fine, but lacks a hardware update.
I want to have an NVMe M 2 as a boot device, but the motherboard does not have this possibility.
I have installed an SSD as a boot disk but it does not have the speed of the manufacturer, it is much lower. Run at the maximum speed allowed by the motherboard.
I bought a card to solve the problem, but the motherboard does not have a connection, I could not install it.

So I think the best way to upgrade is by changing the motherboard. I understand that I must also change the CPU and ram memory.
But I already have all the other components and I think they should work with the new motherboard.

I consider the case ventilation system to be very good, the power source is 750 W, I just changed it, and I already have the new devices but they don't run at the expected speed.

If I could just upgrade the motherboard with an NVMe M2 connection and put in SSDs that run at their manufacturer speed, that would be ideal for me.

Any recommendation?

ASK THE COMMUNITY