[SOLVED] Upgrade advice for Dell Optiplex 9010 MT ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aymanfarshid94

Honorable
Feb 5, 2018
Hello

Hope you are doing well and safe. I am looking forth for some good advice regarding upgrading if possible any parts in my prebuild setup as below to max out the best possible performance at a minimal cost or more.

Dell OptiPlex 9010 MT (the wider one)
DeepCool DN450 450w 80 Plus PSU
Intel core i7-3770 3.40Ghz Ivy-Bridge,
Dell OM9KCM Motherboard,
BIOS version A29
16GB DDR3 RAM ( 4 X 4GB SK HYNIX) 1333/1600 mhz
1 x 128GB MICRON SSD (OS) + 1 x 128GB SAMSUNG SSD
PCI-E 2.0 x 16
XFX RX580 8GB GPU
Win10 x 64

Monitor - Acer GN276HL 144hz

In the venture of trying to get the best CPU/GPU performance I had upgraded from a GTX 1050 OC 2GB to the current RX 580 8GB and replacing the stock dell 275w PSU with the DeepCool 450w. I don't have any issues exactly as most of it working fine and from posts here and reddit reading that this GPU is the max point of running on par with the CPU without bottleneck issues.

I did see msi afterburner benchmarks stats of RE7 and FIFA 20, both running at highest settings almost where GPU was running at 99% and CPU as well cores 0 1 2 3 around 80%-85% ~. I mostly play CSGO though but I want to make sure I am trying to get the max benefit out of the parts, pretty much that's all.

But recently with all the hype going on, I am wondering if I did upgrade to a Ryzen or slightly better Intel CPU will I be getting better performance out of the GPU? or in general what would your recommended upgrades be.

Thank you and looking forward to your responses.

Solution
Hello

Hope you are doing well and safe. I am looking forth for some good advice regarding upgrading if possible any parts in my prebuild setup as below to max out the best possible performance at a minimal cost or more.

Dell OM9KCM Motherboard,
BIOS version A29
PCI-E 2.0 x 16
XFX RX580 8GB GPU
Win10 x 64

In the venture of trying to get the best CPU/GPU performance I had upgraded from a GTX 1050 OC 2GB to the current RX 580 8GB and replacing the stock dell 275w PSU with the DeepCool 450w. I don't...
Hello

Dell OM9KCM Motherboard,
BIOS version A29
PCI-E 2.0 x 16
XFX RX580 8GB GPU
Win10 x 64

In the venture of trying to get the best CPU/GPU performance I had upgraded from a GTX 1050 OC 2GB to the current RX 580 8GB and replacing the stock dell 275w PSU with the DeepCool 450w. I don't have any issues exactly as most of it working fine and from posts here and reddit reading that this GPU is the max point of running on par with the CPU without bottleneck issues.

I did see msi afterburner benchmarks stats of RE7 and FIFA 20, both running at highest settings almost where GPU was running at 99% and CPU as well cores 0 1 2 3 around 80%-85% ~. I mostly play CSGO though but I want to make sure I am trying to get the max benefit out of the parts, pretty much that's all.

But recently with all the hype going on, I am wondering if I did upgrade to a Ryzen or slightly better Intel CPU will I be getting better performance out of the GPU? or in general what would your recommended upgrades be.

Thank you and looking forward to your responses.
You Dell is upgraded to its max.I suggested building a whole new system when the time is right.With i7 3770,you still have atleast 2-3 years that you can use it,and play all the games.What i would do i save up atleast 1000$ and build a whole new system,with new parts in like 3 years or so.

Solution
If you want to tweak it just a bit more, you can use throttlestop to overclock the cpu, which you can also change to the 3770k to give you some more oc options.

However, this is about the max you can do. And I wouldn't worry about going overkill on the gpu as that's a part that you can move to a newer system, so if your gpu utilization is low while your cpu is 100%, that's perfectly fine--this will vary based on the usage anyways.

If you want to tweak it just a bit more, you can use throttlestop to overclock the cpu, which you can also change to the 3770k to give you some more oc options.

However, this is about the max you can do. And I wouldn't worry about going overkill on the gpu as that's a part that you can move to a newer system, so if your gpu utilization is low while your cpu is 100%, that's perfectly fine--this will vary based on the usage anyways.

There is very little chance the motherboard will support overclocking in a Dell OptiPlex, very very little chance.

Mike2009

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
i do have an upgrade suggestion , Your ram ,,, if you can find 2 8 gb sticks it would take some load off your chipset or go to 32gb ,, but you probably wouldnt notice a gaming difference with that much more ram ,,, i have 32gb samsung branded modules ddr3 1600 on my optiplex 990 i got them for very cheap so should be easy to upgrade, I dont know much about overclocking on a dell motherboard but yeah running all 4 module slots makes the chipset work a little harder and hotter

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS