[SOLVED] Upgrade advice, GA-H61MA-D2V

Mar 11, 2021
Hi all,

For starters, I'm not the most tech-savvy, so be patient,

My PC broke about 2 years ago and with my new job being centred at home, my old Mac is struggling to run the programmes I need.

I initially thought it was my PSU that was broken, so I invested in a new one, but it turns out that wasn't a problem. I'm somewhat convinced that its the Motherboard that has bellied up and died on me as none of the fans or lights even turned on when I tried to power it up so I'm looking at buying a new one, preferably upgrading from the one I had before.

The motherboard I was using was a Gigabyte GA-H61MA-D2V, so I'm looking for suggestions for an upgrade, preferably in the price range of £50-£150.

Thanks

Solution
Hi all,

My PC broke about 2 years ago and with my new job being centred at home, my old Mac is struggling to run the programmes I need.

I initially thought it was my PSU that was broken, so I invested in a new one, but it turns out that wasn't a problem. I'm somewhat convinced that its the Motherboard that has bellied up and died on me as none of the fans or lights even turned on when I tried to power it up so I'm looking at buying a new one, preferably upgrading from the one I had before.

The motherboard I was using was a Gigabyte GA-H61MA-D2V, so I'm looking for suggestions for an upgrade, preferably in the price range of £50-£150.

Thanks
Any "upgrade" will be a...

kanewolf

Titan
Hi all,

Thanks
Any "upgrade" will be a replacement. An H61 is a 10 year old motherboard. Are you looking for a replacement that uses the existing CPU and memory? That will be a used motherboard. Otherwise you are replacing CPU, RAM, motherboard as a set. You should also add a 500GB SSD to the cost. You will have to reinstall Windows with the new motherboard. Speed things up 10X with an SSD.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS