Upgrade advice gaming pc

treb92

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016
I'm looking to upgrade my computer but im not sure what parts i'd need to get or if i'd need to get a new computer entirely. Mostly wanting to use it for gaming, i'd like to be able to run games like FFXIV and newer games at smooth 60fps (not too bothered about running on low-med). I'd like to spend as little as possible but anything up to £400 is ok. I don't need a monitor, kb/mouse or os.

I have no preference of where to buy from but i am in the uk.

My current specs are:

ARIAnet Colossus Black Midi Tower Gaming Case
8GB (2x4GB) Corsair XMS3 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 Dual/Quad Channel Kit
GIGABYTE GA-H61M-DS2 Intel H61 (Socket 1155) Micro-ATX Motherboard
500W Corsair Builder Series 500CX V2 80PLUS Power Supply
500GB Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 3.5" SATA III Hard Drive - HDD
Intel Core i3-2120 3.30GHz (Sandy Bridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor - Retail
MSI Power Edition Radeon HD 7850 OC 2048MB GDDR5 Graphics Card

Solution
Pretty sure a quad core processor would be the first thing to look for, that GPU is probably still fine. If you've had the PC for a while a fresh install of windows (or a good clean up) might do wonders as well.

treb92

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016

Thanks for the reply! I did a fresh install recently that did help performance a bit. Have you any recommendations for cpu? I'm not too tech savvy, wanna make sure i don't buy something incompatible.

I'm probably not the right person for specifics, I just know that most modern titles recommend quad cores, and my graphics card (750 ti) is about equal to yours and it still does work. There is probably a thread somewhere than can help you find a processor that fits your needs.