Upgrade advice: gpu vs monitor

Kryptkeeper

Honorable
Nov 19, 2015
My system:
2x4gb 1866mhz
gtx 760 2gb
evga supernova g2 750w

I can upgrade 1 thing, my gpu or my monitor (1360x768 stretched out over a glorious 32")
Do I go with a more powerful gpu to handle demanding games with higher AA to make up for lack of resolution or do I upgrade the monitor?
£250 budget

Solution
That monitor spec literally made me recoil back into my chair!

This is kinda how I look at your situation right now; its like having a choice between upgrading your car to go faster (GPU) or upgrading the road surface you drive on (Monitor).

In that situation, there is no point in putting a fast new engine inside your car when you can only drive on a mud track - it will make no difference to your drive experience as you cant drive fast on it anyway, and the ride comfort is terrible! So it makes more sense to me to first upgrade to a nice smooth tarmac road before you get a faster car, as even with a slow car you can benefit more from a good road..

You get what I mean? If you were to get a nice new GPU now, your monitor would be...
I would save your money until you are ready to do the GPU and monitor st the same time. After the new ones come out. And probably get something with freesync(or gsync, but probably too much cash) which will be cheaper by then.

If you really want to do it now I'd go monitor

Gallarian

Distinguished
That monitor spec literally made me recoil back into my chair!

This is kinda how I look at your situation right now; its like having a choice between upgrading your car to go faster (GPU) or upgrading the road surface you drive on (Monitor).

In that situation, there is no point in putting a fast new engine inside your car when you can only drive on a mud track - it will make no difference to your drive experience as you cant drive fast on it anyway, and the ride comfort is terrible! So it makes more sense to me to first upgrade to a nice smooth tarmac road before you get a faster car, as even with a slow car you can benefit more from a good road..

You get what I mean? If you were to get a nice new GPU now, your monitor would be holding you back and you wouldnt really see too much of a benefit. But you can better your gaming experience a lot by getting a nice 1080p monitor and then grabbing a newer GPU when the new batch come out - even if you grab a 900 series or AMD equivalent, theyll have had their price cut.

Solution