[SOLVED] Upgrade advice

Oct 18, 2019
Approximate Purchase Date: Already have the PC but looking to buy the parts in the next month or so

Budget Range: under 500 ideally ( for each item i need to upgrade)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming mainly and youtube

Are you buying a monitor: no

SPECS:
CPU: Intel core i7 4790 with Corsair h55 water cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X - Gaming 7
RAM: 24 GB Corsair 1600mhz vengeance
HDD: 2x 1 TB
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 4GB
PSU: 650W Corsair CS modular

Parts to Upgrade: GPU definitely possibly CPU depending on advice

Do you need to buy OS: no
Please note that if you're using an OEM license of Windows, you will need a new one when buying a new motherboard.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: UK websites, not specific

Parts Preferences:Intel ideally

Overclocking: no

SLI or Crossfire: not sure what this is

Your Monitor Resolution:not required to upgrade

Additional Comments: Was looking at a Geforce 1080Ti as a GPU but I am a bit noobish when it comes to upgrading. Can my CPU and PSU handle it or will it bottleneck? Also will i benefit from a SSD and move my OS to the SSD. Am I able to move my OS to the SSD without having to do a reinstall?
Also when would I have to upgrade my motherboard? or

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I want to upgrade because my system was made about 4/5 years ago and feel it needs a bit of TLC

Solution
Change PSU to a better unit. You will always benefit from using an SSD, saves a lot of time in boot up(and in troubleshooting and OS situations). If you decide to go for a new CPU, you're going to have to part ways in order to look for a new board, ram and CPU. That will not leave much for your SSD, GPU and PSU.

Lutfij

Titan
Change PSU to a better unit. You will always benefit from using an SSD, saves a lot of time in boot up(and in troubleshooting and OS situations). If you decide to go for a new CPU, you're going to have to part ways in order to look for a new board, ram and CPU. That will not leave much for your SSD, GPU and PSU.

Solution
Oct 18, 2019

Thank you for the reply.
At that point, I may as well get a new system with warranty from somewhere.

Oct 18, 2019
" Can my CPU and PSU handle it or will it bottleneck? "
I think it will work pretty well....but I wouldn't go much higher with the GPU.
I think you are near the limit with that CPU with a 1080 Ti.

Thank you for the reply. I think I may just consider a new system with a better CPU and GPU and PSU and motherboard.