Putra23

Prominent
Apr 1, 2023
i have,
Asrock A320M-hdv r4.0
ryzen 5 2400G
Ram 16GB
gtx 1650super
psu 500w +80 bronze ( Seasonic S12III-500 500W )
Monitor 1080p

i want upgrade to rx 6600/xt (depending on which items are available in the store), will this setup enough?
My mobo and processor age around 2 or 3 year old (ignore this if this does not matter)
=
if need upgrade to ryzen 5 3600 or 5600 ? and mobo i only have one choose : Asus Prime B450M-A II, but idk this best option or not.
*for processor , they price almost same but i need choose the lower first so ryzen 5 3600 the first but still idk this enough or not for rx 6600/xt .

This to the point question cause i have 2 plan... if first setup still enough i just need buy vga , but if no enough so upgrade is important,
My primary game just anime style game like genshin, honkai. and second some action game like r6s , breakpoint , division 2 , and rockstar title gta and rdr2.

Noted : This strict budget upgrade.

Solution
While your psu is of good quality, it is a bit old and may not adequately power a 6600XT
http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm
You could try it, but be prepared for the possible need for a psu upgrade.

A graphics upgrade is usually a good idea for fast action games.
But, if your games are more cpu centric, then a processor upgrade may be more appropriate.
To tell, try this test:
Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
This makes the graphics card loaf a bit.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.
If you will upgrade the cpu, the 5600 is a fair bit stronger than...
While your psu is of good quality, it is a bit old and may not adequately power a 6600XT

But, if your games are more cpu centric, then a processor upgrade may be more appropriate.
To tell, try this test:
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If you will upgrade the cpu, the 5600 is a fair bit stronger than a 3600.

Solution

Putra23

Prominent
Apr 1, 2023

To tell, try this test:
If you will upgrade the cpu, the 5600 is a fair bit stronger than a 3600.

thanks, well i'll take look rx 6600 nonXT first, but upgrade psu still required i see in some website and this forum my psu " should be avoided " , so i hold upgrade m/b and sent budget for psu first and the last m/b.

Hey there,

I think a 5600/5600x would be a good fit. You might need to consider upgrading the PSU. It's not great by todays standards. Although good in it's day.

thanks, yeah i upgrade for psu

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead