Upgrade amd fx6300

May 15, 2018
Hi everyone actually i've got an amd fx 6300 oc to 4ghz with 12 Gb ram ( 4x3 1333) mobo gigabyte m5a99x evo rev 2.0 msi gtx 760 2gb oc version with crucial ssd 240 and 1tb seagate hdd.

i'm thinking on make a little upgrade without spend too much money .

Was thinking about fx 8350 + 16 gb 1866 , should be enough or is better take new mobo and ryzen + ram ddr4 ?

Actually i use pc for playing heroes of the storm ( playing in ultra with 60 fps ) and some ofimatic program , watch internet webs and some youtube .

dont want a high medium pc , but want better performance .

Can someone help me?

Regards

Solution
1333MHz is too slow a speed for FX processors. Replacing that would be an improvement.

FX CPUs support;
1866MHZ with one DIMM per channel
1600MHZ with two DIMMs per channel.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I honestly wouldn't put any more money into this PC. A platform upgrade should be the next thing, if any, that is done with this PC, but it's hard to give recommendations without knowing what "too much money" entails.

An 8350, with you already having a 6300, wouldn't really be all that helpful unless you use a lot of power-hungry productivity software (don't see any listed, but I don't know what ofimatic means). Adding more RAM doesn't do all that much unless you're running short now and faster RAM will be marginal gains but then you're that much farther away from your next, significant upgrade.