Upgrade compaq presario V3411TU prosessor

bonzer87

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
I wanted to upgrade my processor power Intel celeron m 520 @ 1.6ghz. can any one tell me if it is posibble or not.. Plus i have no idea on how to upgrade my laptop prosesor power..

Solution
I don't recommend it; laptop motherboards are even more cpu specific than oem desktops, and the upgrade possibilities are a crapshoot. You may not like the performance boost for the $$ spent. If you don't like your laptop speed, get a newer one with more memory and a faster cpu. You can try selling your old one on craigslist.
I don't recommend it; laptop motherboards are even more cpu specific than oem desktops, and the upgrade possibilities are a crapshoot. You may not like the performance boost for the $$ spent. If you don't like your laptop speed, get a newer one with more memory and a faster cpu. You can try selling your old one on craigslist.

Solution
IF you want to try it anyway, starmicro has more laptop cpus than anyone else. But they have a strict no return policy for cpus that aren't compatable. I still don't recommend it. Check your laptop for an empty memory slot; add some more ram if you can.

BadTrip

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006

+1

Laptops CPUs are not designed to be upgraded. Heat and power issues...