[SOLVED] Upgrade compatible?

rafa_rebelo99

Commendable
Jun 5, 2018
I've built a pc at the start of 2018, it had a Msi Z370-A pro mdb, and a i3-8350k, and i have been thinking of upgrading it to a i7-9700k, but i dont know if the mdb would suport it, can you guys help me know?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
i have an Msi Z370-A pro, i3-8350k, i also have a gtx 1060 6gb, i want to upgrade that one after the cpu, will that be a problem? Having the i7 with the gtx 1060 will cause some issue or no?

No, why would it? Keeping the same video card and getting a faster CPU can NEVER make your performance worse.

What video card you choose should be a matter of your monitor's resolution and refresh rate (and whether it has FreeSync, GSync, or neither), and what games you're playing.

Thx for the fast answer my dude, just two little question about this process, so as i said i have an Msi Z370-A pro, i3-8350k, i also have a gtx 1060 6gb, i want to upgrade that one after the cpu, will that be a problem? Having the i7 with the gtx 1060 will cause some issue or no?
rgd makes a very good point that i forgot about, make sure you upgrade you bios with the 8350k.

There is no issue running your 1060 with the i7.

You didn't mention what CPU cooler youre using, make sure its good enough to cool the i7.

rafa_rebelo99

Commendable
Jun 5, 2018
rgd makes a very good point that i forgot about, make sure you upgrade you bios with the 8350k.

There is no issue running your 1060 with the i7.

You didn't mention what CPU cooler youre using, make sure its good enough to cool the i7.
I have a cooler master Hyper 412S, i do plan to change it but not at the same time as the cpu, a bit later, wouuld that suffice?

TRENDING THREADS