Question Upgrade CPU or GPU first?

clancaster23

Honorable
Dec 5, 2014
My CPU is a Ryzen 3 3200G. GPU is an RX 580 4GB. I'd like to upgrade the weaker one first, then the other later. Which would give me a bigger performance upgrade? Also looking for upgrade suggestions. I want to keep either upgrade around $250 or less. Also want to stay AMD on both sides. My mobo is a Gigabyte b450m ds3h. For the CPU I was thinking the Ryzen 5 3600x. For GPU I'm not sure yet.

My CPU is a Ryzen 3 3200G. GPU is an RX 580 4GB. I'd like to upgrade the weaker one first, then the other later. Which would give me a bigger performance upgrade? Also looking for upgrade suggestions. I want to keep either upgrade around $250 or less. Also want to stay AMD on both sides. My mobo is a Gigabyte b450m ds3h. For the CPU I was thinking the Ryzen 5 3600x. For GPU I'm not sure yet.
The gpu market is all but dead atm due to the extreme shortage of cards so your only alternative is to upgrade your cpu.

Mar 3, 2021
Always upgrade the GPU first as it's always going to be the part that will provide you with the most significant boost in performance. it's not even comparable in your situation. get that 2060, especially since you know you're getting it, then get a new CPU down the road if you're still not happy.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS