Mar 10, 2017
Good Evening,

my PC is due for some upgrades:

• AMD Ryzen 3 1300x
  • Nvidia GTX 1050ti
  • 8GB RAM
  • MSI B350 PC MATE
  • SDD(500gb) and HDD(1tb)

Now, as I'm still in school I don't have the big money yet, however with MHW Iceborne recently being released to the PC, mine starts to struggle. Still getting ~50 FPS tho.

When I look at the Task manager it says that my CPU reaches 80-95% (~<50°C), which I assume is bad.

Now I'm not quite sure if I should upgrade my CPU over my GPU. For the CPU I thought of getting a AMD Ryzen 5 3600x and for a GPU a Nividia GTX 1080.

According to userbenchmark.com after testing my PC I was told that my GPU needs to be upgraded, since my CPU apparently did fine.

So now I'm not sure if I should upgrade my CPU or GPU first.

PS. Still not quite sure about getting a 1080 I'm open for suggestions. I'm not looking to building a nuclear reactor that can get 4k FPS on every game ever existed.

Solution
I don't think your CPU is fast enough to fully utilize the GTX 1080....but it will be an improvement over what you have and it should work. A GTX 1060 or GTX 1070 (maximum) I think would be better choices for that CPU.

The Ryzen 5 3600x is very fast.....and you could upgrade to it.....but now you are going to have a really fast CPU......with a GTX 1050 Ti.....which is very slow for a 3600x.
I don't think your CPU is fast enough to fully utilize the GTX 1080....but it will be an improvement over what you have and it should work. A GTX 1060 or GTX 1070 (maximum) I think would be better choices for that CPU.

The Ryzen 5 3600x is very fast.....and you could upgrade to it.....but now you are going to have a really fast CPU......with a GTX 1050 Ti.....which is very slow for a 3600x.

Solution