[SOLVED] Upgrade Cpu? or Gpu?

jazzblues

Prominent
Aug 21, 2019
Hello guys, what should upgrade first? a a4 6300 and upgrade it to a8 8650 or buy GT 730 4gb DDR5 128 bit? I kinda on low budget.
Thanks for the answers and suggestions.

Solution
So long as you are not maxing out the graphics settings, then CS:GO is a lot more CPU dependent and you'll likely see more benefit from a higher end CPU than you will from a better graphics adapter. However, the graphics adapter is pretty weak on those A series CPUs so memory becomes a factor as well. Memory performance directly translates to both CPU and graphics performance on there.

If all you can do, is as you say, then I'd probably upgrade the CPU before anything else. To me, seems a waste of money that would be better spent towards an upgrade of the actual platform, but if that's not going to be possible, even down the road a bit, then I'd go after the CPU if you are looking to improve performance and FPS. If you are simply...
For what? Gaming? None of that hardware is going to enable you to play anything at even the lowest settings if you are talking about AAA games at 1080p or higher. It's a waste of money.

You'd be better off saving that money for something more capable even if it means you have to wait twice as long to get the hardware.

Now, if it's for something else, then that might be different. Any of it would be fine for a basic web browsing or minimal office application type system. For gaming, you might as well just light the money on fire as buy any of that hardware.

jazzblues

Prominent
Aug 21, 2019
For what? Gaming? None of that hardware is going to enable you to play anything at even the lowest settings if you are talking about AAA games at 1080p or higher. It's a waste of money.

You'd be better off saving that money for something more capable even if it means you have to wait twice as long to get the hardware.

Now, if it's for something else, then that might be different. Any of it would be fine for a basic web browsing or minimal office application type system. For gaming, you might as well just light the money on fire as buy any of that hardware.

I do some light video editing and light gaming as well.

jazzblues

Prominent
Aug 21, 2019

and im on low budget you know.

Yes, I get it, you don't have much money. I understand that. It does not however change the fact that getting either of two pieces of hardware that are not capable enough to allow you to do much of anything on any modern titles doesn't do much for you.

What graphics card do you have now, or are you using the iGPU on the A4?

Unfortunately, I just don't think I'm the right person to help you because I don't think the hardware you are targeting is capable enough to do ANYTHING on any modern games that are not browser based. And if they are, then practically any hardware can handle that.

jazzblues

Prominent
Aug 21, 2019
Yes, I get it, you don't have much money. I understand that. It does not however change the fact that getting either of two pieces of hardware that are not capable enough to allow you to do much of anything on any modern titles doesn't do much for you.

What graphics card do you have now, or are you using the iGPU on the A4?

Unfortunately, I just don't think I'm the right person to help you because I don't think the hardware you are targeting is capable enough to do ANYTHING on any modern games that are not browser based. And if they are, then practically any hardware can handle that.

i'm only playing cs go and i'm using igpu on a4, soo buy an gt 730 or upgrade my cpu to a8 8650?

So long as you are not maxing out the graphics settings, then CS:GO is a lot more CPU dependent and you'll likely see more benefit from a higher end CPU than you will from a better graphics adapter. However, the graphics adapter is pretty weak on those A series CPUs so memory becomes a factor as well. Memory performance directly translates to both CPU and graphics performance on there.

If all you can do, is as you say, then I'd probably upgrade the CPU before anything else. To me, seems a waste of money that would be better spent towards an upgrade of the actual platform, but if that's not going to be possible, even down the road a bit, then I'd go after the CPU if you are looking to improve performance and FPS. If you are simply looking to improve the way games LOOK, and increase in game quality settings, then upgrade the GPU card.

Solution