[SOLVED] Upgrade CPU or GPU?

haqinq

Commendable
Mar 25, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am looking for suggestions on what to upgrade.

Here is my current PC specs:
Intel i5-7500 with water cooler
MSI H110M Gaming
Nvidia GTX 1060 5G
500W Bronze PSU

I'm planning to either:
  • upgrade the CPU to i5-9600k, but the motherboard I'm using right now would also need to be upgraded to ASRock Z370 Extreme4. (total cost around $406 USD in my country)
  • upgrade the GPU to RTX 2060 (cost around (cost around $348 USD in my country)
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Forgot to mention what games I play, I usually play FPS games like CS:GO, R6S and PUBG in 1080p.

Last edited:
Solution
It depends on the games you play and the tasks you do and the resolution your doing them at. If your gonna be playing older games (2017 and older) you should be pretty ok with your cpu and you could just upgrade your gpu. If you play newer games and do a decent bit of multitasking I’d actually go with a amd ryzen system. You really can’t beat the value.

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
It depends on the games you play and the tasks you do and the resolution your doing them at. If your gonna be playing older games (2017 and older) you should be pretty ok with your cpu and you could just upgrade your gpu. If you play newer games and do a decent bit of multitasking I’d actually go with a amd ryzen system. You really can’t beat the value.

Solution