[SOLVED] Upgrade CPU PLEASE HELP !

Nov 24, 2021
My son has told me he needs to upgrade his CPU due to the games he is playing, but l don’t know where to start

I was wondering if can recommend what he needs. I know he is an admin in a game called Beam ng, and told me that if there is more than 8 cars he is unable to play. He said it’s due to lagging which has effect on other people that are playing in the server.
He plays a lot of car games including Wreckfest.

HIS PC
CPU : Intel i5 2400
Motherboard: XUM B75
RAM: 8GB

Any advice would be appreciated as I don’t know where to start

Solution
You'd definitely benefit from a faster CPU with the 1660 Ti. You could get a used or refurb 3770K which would be alot faster but investing more in such an old platform isn't really worth it at this point. If you go new you would need a new board, CPU and RAM, the only thing that's going to fit that budget would be an i3 10100F. That's a huge improvement over a i5 2400. Is there any flexibility in your budget? The i5 10400F is the best budget pick right now and can fairly comfortably run all modern games. You would be looking at nearer £300 though for that.

kanewolf

Titan
My son has told me he needs to upgrade his CPU due to the games he is playing, but l don’t know where to start

I was wondering if can recommend what he needs. I know he is an admin in a game called Beam ng, and told me that if there is more than 8 cars he is unable to play. He said it’s due to lagging which has effect on other people that are playing in the server.

HIS PC

A CPU upgrade is not advisable. Is there a video card in the PC?
What budget is available ?

You'd definitely benefit from a faster CPU with the 1660 Ti. You could get a used or refurb 3770K which would be alot faster but investing more in such an old platform isn't really worth it at this point. If you go new you would need a new board, CPU and RAM, the only thing that's going to fit that budget would be an i3 10100F. That's a huge improvement over a i5 2400. Is there any flexibility in your budget? The i5 10400F is the best budget pick right now and can fairly comfortably run all modern games. You would be looking at nearer £300 though for that.

Solution

troyer1234567

Reputable
Dec 31, 2020

HIS PC

hi, if u are low on budget i recommend upgrading your cpu to core i7 3770K (i think your current mb does have an option to overclock cpu, if it doesn't or if your son doesn't know how to overclock safely, then go with non-k version which is cheaper: core i7 3770) and add 8gb ram to your board so it will be 16 gb
that would make it so powerful and u can play all games (most of them on high resolution and texture quality
but if u have enough budget to build a new ,buy a new mb which supports intel 10th or 11th gen cpus, a 10th or 11th gen Intel cpu and choose F series (they don't have integrated Graphic , u don't need it because u have a great graphic card) i recommend core i5 11400f (it's 4% better than 10400f and 23% better than core i7 3770k) , 16 gb ram, keep that graphic card u mentioned, then everything would be great.
good luck