upgrade cpu to 3570

jde30ster

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
I currently have a Athlon 2 x3 455 rene. I am wondering if a 3570 would be a considerable upgrade. Only game played on computer is mine craft by my kids. Mostly video conversion with hand break YouTube and internet.

Solution
Look for H77 chipset motherboards, those have better features than B75 ones and should still be well priced. Z chipsets means they have overclocking unlocked in the BIOS, but your CPU is not an unlocked version (does not end with K) so you don't need the OC features.

jde30ster

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
I know I will need a motherboard. I was given the cpu from a friend. It has been over a decade since i owend an intell based machine for personal use. I just want to know If the I5 3570 is a solid processor and will it last for a few years for internet, video conversion with handbreak, watching youtube videos, and minecraft.

Brunostako

Honorable
Yes, with that CPU you have enough horsepower for some years. But the integred GPU is not that powerful, you may need a discrete GPU. Of course, minecraft doesn't require too much power but the Intel HD Graphics 2500 is not a gaming GPU.

I suggest you to get at least a R7 250 GDDR5 or the nvidia equivalent.

Brunostako

Honorable
Look for H77 chipset motherboards, those have better features than B75 ones and should still be well priced. Z chipsets means they have overclocking unlocked in the BIOS, but your CPU is not an unlocked version (does not end with K) so you don't need the OC features.

Solution