[SOLVED] upgrade current build questions. dilemma!

May 11, 2020
welcome reader to my post.

as you see i want to upgrade my pc.
gpu: gainward gtx1060 6g
psu: 550w corsair
cooler: MasterCooler H412R
case: sharkoon vg7-w rgb
i would like to keep the above at the moment
upgrade that gpu, psu and maybe cooler later along the line.

the rest is pretty much junk by now
cpu: i5-6402p
mobo: h110m
ram: 16g CMV8GX4M1A2133C15 (maybe keep for a month)
mobo defective most of the time and cpu on last limbs.

my goal is stream and game at the same time,
and have a music player in the back running for my own music (made on magix and serato dj).

end of this month my budget is 700 euro incl shipping, location belgium prefered on next month i got 130 to spend after that 150.
now i am facing with a few dilemmas,
i was thinking of going for the below @ end of the month,

cpu: 3700x (since next gen console is claiming to be 8c16t @3.8)
mobo: aorus x570 elite (because upgradable, OC)
ram:cmk16gx4m2b3200c16 (cause it is great value over here)

but got detered by the bsod i constantly hear about it mostly on Gigabyte mobo's.

i know why not go for another mobo well budget and sufficient vrm cooling incase i wanna do my first real OC.
should i just bite the bullet do a bios flash with the newest bios before building (would that fix it)

or just go for a budget option that wil do the trick 4 a while ( then i need product advice),
and see what the future holds in lga1700 (what i will be building anyways)
and by then do a giveaway on this advice build if my channel should grow

yeah i hear you why not wait a bit longer perhaps.
because i want to resume gaming and streaming as soon as i can for my 29followers/friends and that in turn is making me inpatient (all think no play makes a inpatient budda)

greets and thanks for reading my cncr

and massive thanks in advance for the advice.

ps no i was not intending to rhyme but i listen to rap all the time so i think that might be why.
i did intend on that last one now XD

Last edited:
I would wait for AMD's 4th Gen that's coming out soon.

However, if you really can't wait. 3700X and Mobo is good choice.

Keep in mind that you don't need to buy the RAM right now. Try the 3700X with your current RAM as it's DDR4; you never know - it might be enough for you and you might not need to upgrade at all. This way you can start saving up for Nvidia's Ampere GPUs coming soon

3700X + Aorus Elite is a good combo. Ignore the issues you seen on that board. The person who BSOD probably just had a faulty board or something else. The Aorus Elite is a good board with good VRM's and it's not 350 dollars.

As for the RAM I do not recommend you use the RAM you have right now because they are 2133MHz. A ryzen 3700X with 2133MHz RAM would be performance crippling. Don't do that. 3200/3600MHz.

May 11, 2020
thanks for the reply!

I would wait for AMD's 4th Gen that's coming out soon.

However, if you really can't wait. 3700X and Mobo is good choice.

Keep in mind that you don't need to buy the RAM right now. Try the 3700X with your current RAM as it's DDR4; you never know - it might be enough for you and you might not need to upgrade at all. This way you can start saving up for Nvidia's Ampere GPUs coming soon

yea i was going to try that ram first it is supported.
(is just a vengance lpx without the heatsink according to some sources)
but i can afford the new ram and will buy the 3600c20 or 3200c16. but i wanted to try anyways XD do a little review or so.

about the amprere gpu
nah not really feeling spending top dollar for new release niece items not really looking for ray tracing but a 1080ti.
(but in retrospect not bad for viewers hmm )
(that ussually have driver issues of some kind no mather what it is) "especscially nvidia seing their msrp prices is detering".

and idunno about that aorus anymore
(a msi unify just dropped down in price and so did the 3700x)
that said i can afford 3600cl20
"note prices are always a bit higher here then our neigbour countrys but shipping is a bummer for non national shippings"

3700x
msi unify x570 (leaning toward cause nice antenna "good for bedroom" and no rgb ROFL no rgb cause epileptic)
2x8g 3600c20

for 707.89 with shipping
all though yeas the vrms on the aorus are good
speaking about dilemmas XD meh i like that msi board too much

so yea i think i made my decision
3700X + Aorus Elite is a good combo. Ignore the issues you seen on that board. The person who BSOD probably just had a faulty board or something else. The Aorus Elite is a good board with good VRM's and it's not 350 dollars.

As for the RAM I do not recommend you use the RAM you have right now because they are 2133MHz. A ryzen 3700X with 2133MHz RAM would be performance crippling. Don't do that. 3200/3600MHz.
not really a singular case sad to say.
but perhaps just a outdated driver issue something with the voltage i heard.
not really a chocker since amd and updates always bricked my systems bitd with dun dun duuun voltage issues when i got them build by someone
pentium days and stuff XD
i remember it because you know waiting for things to load in since autocad was pretty heavy with all the self made shortcuts
so you wander of looking at the pentium stickers XD
even asus and acer laptops with amd gpus got bricked at some point.
yeah i had my fare share of bad luck with amd updates even 3 times clean bios/driver installs where to no avail but this time it will be different

thanks for the responses i think i might be safer with the msi unify board
since i really can not find anything bad about it except some singular ram problem prob just a faulty ram or misplaced XD

thanks again a bunch and
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cepZIk0PlvM

Last edited:
thanks for the reply!

yea i was going to try that ram first it is supported.
(is just a vengance lpx without the heatsink according to some sources)
but i can afford the new ram and will buy the 3600c20 or 3200c16. but i wanted to try anyways XD do a little review or so.

about the amprere gpu
nah not really feeling spending top dollar for new release niece items not really looking for ray tracing but a 1080ti.
(but in retrospect not bad for viewers hmm )
(that ussually have driver issues of some kind no mather what it is) "especscially nvidia seing their msrp prices is detering".

and idunno about that aorus anymore
(a msi unify just dropped down in price and so did the 3700x)
that said i can afford 3600cl20
"note prices are always a bit higher here then our neigbour countrys but shipping is a bummer for non national shippings"

3700x
msi unify x570 (leaning toward cause nice antenna "good for bedroom" and no rgb ROFL no rgb cause epileptic)
2x8g 3600c20

for 707.89 with shipping
all though yeas the vrms on the aorus are good
speaking about dilemmas XD meh i like that msi board too much

so yea i think i made my decision

not really a singular case sad to say.
but perhaps just a outdated driver issue something with the voltage i heard.
not really a chocker since amd and updates always bricked my systems bitd with dun dun duuun voltage issues when i got them build by someone
pentium days and stuff XD
i remember it because you know waiting for things to load in since autocad was pretty heavy with all the self made shortcuts
so you wander of looking at the pentium stickers XD
even asus and acer laptops with amd gpus got bricked at some point.
yeah i had my fare share of bad luck with amd updates even 3 times clean bios/driver installs where to no avail but this time it will be different

thanks for the responses i think i might be safer with the msi unify board
since i really can not find anything bad about it except some singular ram problem prob just a faulty ram or misplaced XD

thanks again a bunch and
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cepZIk0PlvM

I don't have anything to say against the X570 MEG UNIFY board. It's good too. later!