Question Upgrade current graphic card with rx 570 ?

Lutfij

Titan
You have an available PCIe slot on the board but we'll need to know the make and model of your PSU...in fact, we'd be best off knowing what the model for your HP prebuilt is to understand if you don't have clearance issues.

sdedu77

Proper
Dec 9, 2018
Your power supply is only 180w, by far not enough for a modern dedicated graphics card. In fact, that's quite low even for the current config (that's why they put a 35w tdp CPU). You definitely need to upgrade.
Your motherboard does have a 24 pin connector (unlike some OEM motherboards), so you should be able to upgrade the power supply without issues.

From what I see, your motherboard and case can accept a standard ATX PSU replacement without any adapters or anything.
is 500 W enough? or i need more
an Mars Gaming MPII550 would be ok?
A good 450W would work fine.

That being said, I looked at the specs of the Mars PSU and it seems to be medeocre. Only 400w on the 12v rail and I dont see that this PSU has ANY PCIe connectors, so it will not work with an RX570.

What country are you in and what is your budget for a PSU?

Last edited:
https://it.pcpartpicker.com/product/ZJKhP6/corsair-vengeance-650w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-cp-9020112-de
PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
Power Supply | Corsair Vengeance 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply | €53.99 @ Amazon Italia
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | €53.99
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-23 21:42 CEST+0200 |

A little over budget, but this is about as cheap as I can possibly reccomend.

Reactions: B£nan

ASK THE COMMUNITY