[SOLVED] Upgrade Feedback and Q;hx1000w cable connectors enough for msi2080ti/Maximus XI Extreme/i9 9900k OC

silverbullit

Prominent
Aug 18, 2017
Howdy mates,
Will my old Corsair HX1000W have enough connectors/power if I upgrade my rig with,
Asus Maximus XI Extreme
Msi 2080ti
and waterloop with 2xd5 and 8x140fans 8x120 fans
and obviously OC the fxxxker?

Further question when I have pros to ask about the i9 9900k,
there seems to be 3 different i9 9900k packages
Oem
Boxed
Boxed with fan?

I have a hunch the Oem might be binned/worse chance of any OC so I should go with the Retail version, is the "Boxed" without the fan the same as retail version (Only without fan then...)

Some peripherical nfo;
As a Swede the cost for computer components are quite higher than abroad. (Lots of add-ons if you import that will make it even worse due to issues with warranties, shipping damages etc)
I understand I will get replies to just get a new PSU but there is a reason I want to re-use my old Corsair HX1000W psu due to the fact I am on disability (broken back) and have to take a loan to purchase a new PC. I want a good rig that will last me long as it probably is the last PC I will be able to purchase. *whine whine... true tho*

Complete wish list details;
Thermaltake Core P7
Asus Maximus XI Extreme
i9 9900k retail
2080 ti (Depending on availability Msi or Gigabyte with waterblock or Msi Gaming X that will be future fitted with waterblock)
Samsung M.2 970 Evo 1tb
Trident Z 32gb 3200 cas latency 16

Is there any advantage in going with the 3600 version despite the higher cas latency?
Is this a compatible setup?

In best of worlds I'd get the AX1600i but that dough would come in handy to get a waterblock for the i9 9900k, new d5s and retrofit my oldass customloop that leaks like titanic.

So thats the details, I deeply appreciate any and all feedback from you knowledged mates.

/Silverbullit

PS. Do you think that fps games such as Fortnight would run better than my old setup, Asus Extreme II/i7 920 2,67@4,2/Msi 970 gaming/Samsung SSD? (Or do games like Fortnight lag mostly due to sucky servers?

Solution
If you want to overclock then I would suggest the Boxed or a Binned 9900k.

I do not know of a boxed 9900k that include a factory (intel) heatsink. Perhaps you are seeing a vendor packaged product.

OEM is a tray CPU. A dealer buys a tray full of unboxed processors and then sells them individually. Like you, I believe they also test these and sell the ones that overclock well as 'binned' processors for even more $$$

popatim

Titan
If you want to overclock then I would suggest the Boxed or a Binned 9900k.

I do not know of a boxed 9900k that include a factory (intel) heatsink. Perhaps you are seeing a vendor packaged product.

OEM is a tray CPU. A dealer buys a tray full of unboxed processors and then sells them individually. Like you, I believe they also test these and sell the ones that overclock well as 'binned' processors for even more $$$

Solution