Upgrade for Gaming PC

azza-don

Distinguished
May 5, 2013
Hi, my name is Jordy and I was looking for some advice in relation to upgrading my computer.

Approximate Purchase Date: Around Christmas/New Year

Budget Range: Maximum $1000 (including shipping)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, watching TV shows/movies, surfing the internet, university assignments.

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: CPU (currently AMD FX 6300), Graphics (current GTX 650Ti), RAM (currently 2x2GB Ripjaws) and Power Supply (currently Antec 400W).

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index

Parts Preferences: Since I am not upgrading the motherboard (ASROCK 970 Extreme 3), the processor will need to be AMD. I prefer GeForce Graphic Cards, but am open to using Radeon if there is a good deal.

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: 1680x1050

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: "Assassin's Creed: Unity" made me want to cry (it has been sitting on my shelf for a whole year). I would also like to be able to play the newest installment of the Assassin's Creed Franchise, as well as some future games that are more demanding on my computer.

I have done some light research and the following are some of the components that have looked appealing:

CPU -

1. AMD FX-8320 8 Core Black Edition Processor

2. AMD FX-8350 8 Core Black Edition Processor

GRAPHICS CARD -

1. Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 G1 Gaming 4GB

2. Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming 4GB

POWER SUPPLY -

Antec Basiq VP-600P 600W Power Supply

Thank you! :)