[SOLVED] Upgrade for my sons 1080p gaming computer

kalebwicks

Honorable
Aug 20, 2018
Hello,

Wanted to see if anyone had any other suggestions besides what I am thinking. Did some research and here is what I am planning on purchasing. It will be strictly for 1080p gaming.

Case- Use current case
PSU-Use current PSU 650w
Storage-Use current SSD Samsung 500gb Evo860
CPU- AMD 3600 and use the stock cooler with it
Mobo-Something midrange, will likely go with what MicroCenter recomends.
GPU-1660super
Ram-16GB 3200mhz, I already have a set of ddr4 Gskill ram sitting in a drawer I plan on using.

He would be upgrading from an old FX6350 Amd cpu and a GTX1050 and it just isnt keeping up anymore.

Let me know what you all think. I need to keep the budget somewhat balanced but if I need to add a few bucks for a justified reason let me know.

I really appreciate your help,

Kaleb

Solution
What is the benefit of the B550 over the B450?

PCIe4 which for 99% of us wont matter, however the big one is that the new Zen3 Ryzens will not be suppoted on B450 boards due to BIOS limitations according to AMD. This isnt a issue if you dont plan on upgrading the computer for the coming future because most likely youll just do a whole new platform upgrade anyway.
What is the benefit of the B550 over the B450?

PCIe4 which for 99% of us wont matter, however the big one is that the new Zen3 Ryzens will not be suppoted on B450 boards due to BIOS limitations according to AMD. This isnt a issue if you dont plan on upgrading the computer for the coming future because most likely youll just do a whole new platform upgrade anyway.

Solution