Question Upgrade for Netgear Orbi RBR50 ?

Tweakster

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
hi folks. My Netgear Orbi RBR50 stopped working after 14 months. It was refurbished and paid tech support couldn’t help get it back running. it was a router and 2 satellites. It worked amazing in my old house where dead spots were a plenty. What do you guys recommend for a comparable or slight upgrade replacement without breaking the bank? Trying to stay below $400. Also would like to stay with Orbi since it worked great.

Solution
hi folks. My Netgear Orbi RBR50 stopped working after 14 months. It was refurbished and paid tech support couldn’t help get it back running. it was a router and 2 satellites. It worked amazing in my old house where dead spots were a plenty. What do you guys recommend for a comparable or slight upgrade replacement without breaking the bank? Trying to stay below $400. Also would like to stay with Orbi since it worked great.
Hard to stay under $400 for mesh with router and 2 satellites unless you go refurbished as they have added features as usual.

Not much interoperability using existing Netgear satellites with new router as you will see HERE.

RealBeast

Titan
Hard to stay under $400 for mesh with router and 2 satellites unless you go refurbished as they have added features as usual.

Not much interoperability using existing Netgear satellites with new router as you will see HERE.

Reactions: Tweakster
Solution

Tweakster

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012

Thanks for the chart link- I was try to figure that out.
I ended up going with another same model refurbished router since the satellites appear to be working.
Will hold out for big sales somewhere down the line.

TRENDING THREADS