[SOLVED] Upgrade from 2080 ti for 3840x1600

Asryan

Reputable
Feb 20, 2019
Hi to compare gpu benches, having a 3840x1600 monitor (160hz) should I look at 2550x1440 or 3840x2160since I'm in between to have an idea of what it should give on my build?

i would like to have a better grasp at the gain I could have if I upgrade to a 3080 or 3090 with my monitor but I'm having issue to get the info.

i don't really know if it's really interesting for me to try to upgrade from 2080 ti Strix to 3080 or 3090, I have the budget but i don't want to be disappointed and waste that money :)

Thanks

Solution
well, ok, but so are quadro cards then... i mean, its all about cost... it makes zero sense to get a 3090 if you dont use it professionally but in case you are filthy rich thats ok....
3090 will work well with people editing and wants to game on them its not workstation card it's an gaming card plus it plays 8k so if you find info that's its not gaming card then thats fine but most of 3090 says gaming trio and such
Hi to compare gpu benches, having a 3840x1600 monitor (160hz) should I look at 2550x1440 or 3840x2160since I'm in between to have an idea of what it should give on my build?

i would like to have a better grasp at the gain I could have if I upgrade to a 3080 or 3090 with my monitor but I'm having issue to get the info.

i don't really know if it's really interesting for me to try to upgrade from 2080 ti Strix to 3080 or 3090, I have the budget but i don't want to be disappointed and waste that money :)

Thanks
If your going with those monitor specs 3840x2160 would be great for an 3080 heard thats its more better then 2080ti at playing 4k but 3080 are having crashing issues but you don't have to worry since there fixing the issues. 3090 cost double price but with extra vram

Well, regardless the 3080 should do the trick, im skeptical with the DXR and DLSS performance on 4k but at least without those i think it should do quite better than the Ti.

Also, 3090 is not a gaming card, dont buy that one for gaming, ever

Well, regardless the 3080 should do the trick, im skeptical with the DXR and DLSS performance on 4k but at least without those i think it should do quite better than the Ti.

Also, 3090 is not a gaming card, dont buy that one for gaming, ever

3090 is an gaming card and steam card and editing card it will work good with games. If its not an gaming card then it will say on the specs or information

well, ok, but so are quadro cards then... i mean, its all about cost... it makes zero sense to get a 3090 if you dont use it professionally but in case you are filthy rich thats ok....
3090 will work well with people editing and wants to game on them its not workstation card it's an gaming card plus it plays 8k so if you find info that's its not gaming card then thats fine but most of 3090 says gaming trio and such

Solution

theres already reviews on the 3090 running 8k... its just not really meant for 8k gaming, often sub 30 fps gaming on that resolution... and the 10% real performance over the 3080 making it really not a gaming card, I mean, sure nvidia and others may say its a gaming card, but for the price tag it simply makes no sense from a gaming standpoint.... unless, as you said, its a workstation mix... for gaming alone only the 3080 makes sense or filthy rich.... those are the only options...

theres already reviews on the 3090 running 8k... its just not really meant for 8k gaming, often sub 30 fps gaming on that resolution... and the 10% real performance over the 3080 making it really not a gaming card, I mean, sure nvidia and others may say its a gaming card, but for the price tag it simply makes no sense from a gaming standpoint.... unless, as you said, its a workstation mix... for gaming alone only the 3080 makes sense or filthy rich.... those are the only options...

I think you are equating the fact that the RTX 3090 makes no sense for most people to buy and use for gaming with your statement that its "not a gaming card." It is a gaming card, albeit one with very poor value and that most people can't afford; the same could be said (to a slightly lesser degree) of the RTX 2080 Ti.

Should we recommend a RTX 3090 to people? 99% of the time, no.

Will it provide the best gaming performance to people who have plenty of money and want the best? With a few caveats, yes.