upgrade from 2500k

m4rkiz

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
What i currently have is 2500k in p8z68-v pro with 32gb ram, 860 pro and gtx 670.

This setup is still good enough for me, but it lacks decent usb 3, only has two 6gbps sata, no m.2 etc.

if i start upgrading i basically need to change everything, but there is no point to do that if i can't at least double the speed without spending too much

i can't even decide if go with amd or intel, let alone what mainboard to choose

basically it is a daily driver with occasional gaming and plenty of sata storage (i need at least 8 connectors)

where to start? should i wait for some new stuff to be announced soon?

m4rkiz

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
thanks for your response, i actually do have asus pcie usb 3.1 card but while it is much better that onboard usb 3.0 it still have some problems with powering external hdd - after few hours it just hangs in the middle of copying and need to be unplugged and pluged back, this hdd never had problems like that when connected to my other pc or laptops

also i have one slot taken by wifi adapter and two by gpu so it is a little problematic to expand it all to my liking

plus - this setup is over 6 years old so i was preparing to get something new "nice and easy" way while this gear is still working fine and leaves me plenty of time to put it together and set up