Question Upgrade from 770 to 2060?

Jan 22, 2020
I have got some previous advice so I am hovering over GEFORCE RTX 2060 SUPER 8192MB GDDR6 PCI-EXPRESS GRAPHICS CARD I was wondering if you could tell me if it's suitable and how to go about figuring if it is compatible with my system. Or if there are better options out there.

I have been told that i should also look at upgrading the
ram and processor.

I have been told 16GB in total should be an improvement, is it best to add another 2 sticks of 4GB or replace current ram with 2 sticks of 8GB?
Also if you have even a basic suggestion of about what CPU would be an improvement and be able to run newer AAA games & to show benefit of new GPU.

My current pc specs are
CPU:I5-4670k @ 3.40 GHz
Ram: (2 x 4GB) DDR3 -13333
Motherboard: Asus Z87-A
GPU: GeForce GTX 770 2GB
550W Power Supply

My advice would be to use your current cpu/motherboard/RAM until you can upgrade them all. Your motherboard limits the cpu choice and restricts you to DDR3. Any cpu or RAM is obsolete at this point and an upgrade supported by your motherboard will give minimal gains compared to a modern platform.

Jan 22, 2020
My advice would be to use your current cpu/motherboard/RAM until you can upgrade them all. Your motherboard limits the cpu choice and restricts you to DDR3. Any cpu or RAM is obsolete at this point and an upgrade supported by your motherboard will give minimal gains compared to a modern platform.

I am willing to upgrade everything and am able too. I have only just started using my PC frequently again so just need a push over the edge to do a basically new build. Would I be fine just getting a new GPU on its own then?

TRENDING THREADS