Upgrade from 8800GTS < $80?

IAM27

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2006
I was just wondering if anyone knew of any good upgrades for a 8800GTS for <$80. I have it in my bedroom computer and it still runs most games fine since I only have a 19" monitor in there. I haven't tried any of the recent generation of games(MW3, BF3, Skyrim, etc) on that computer and am worried about the performance. It should still run but I would probably have to drop the quality pretty low.

I'm looking to upgrade, but it isn't a huge deal if I have to deal with the 8800GTS for a while longer, its been a solid video card for three years now and for the most part I'm still happy with it's performance. Just looking for some back up for when the wife is clogging up the other computer.

I missed the 4890 that newegg had for $70.00 which would have been a great deal.

Are there any other good deals out there I might have over looked or should I wait for Cyber Monday and see if something else drops down into my price range?

Warmacblu

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011
You could wait for Cyber Monday to see what the deals are or if you have no problem buying used hardware then check some for sale threads on various computer forums. I will be placing my GTX 275 up for sale in about a month for 75 dollars so I am sure you can find something like that or a nice HD 4890 for around the same price.

Warmacblu

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011

I agree with spentshells here, there really isn't too much to gain from an 80 dollar upgrade. Unless you cannot run your games at all or are completely dissatisfied with your current system, save up a little bit more for a more hearty upgrade.