Upgrade from a Gigabyte 780TI

MaxDNet

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014
HI guys, i'm seriously in doubt.
I wanted to upgrade and get 2 970 in SLI i'm playing racing games on a 3 monitor 24" configuration (Asus VS248H).

THe 780TI is quite good there also if i've to decrease some details, so the question is.

2 970 will help me to handle the 3 monitor config better?

I tought also to get another 780 TI but first is hard to find 2nd is still quite expensive and i would find myself with 2 "obsolete" cards in no time.

What do you think?

Thanks.

Solution
I'd personally stay with a single 780Ti at the moment. It won't be too long before rumors of either a 980Ti or 990 become more concrete. Or maybe even hold out til the 3xxX AMD series releases, could be worth it.

Either way, in many ways switching to SLI 970's would be a downgrade. In games that aren't optimized well for SLI you'd be taking a hit in overall performance. I'd personally even sooner SLI the 780's if I had a solid 800W power supply on call. Whereas you only need a legit 600W supply for the 970's

It's all about personal preference

sammy sung

Distinguished
I'd personally stay with a single 780Ti at the moment. It won't be too long before rumors of either a 980Ti or 990 become more concrete. Or maybe even hold out til the 3xxX AMD series releases, could be worth it.

Either way, in many ways switching to SLI 970's would be a downgrade. In games that aren't optimized well for SLI you'd be taking a hit in overall performance. I'd personally even sooner SLI the 780's if I had a solid 800W power supply on call. Whereas you only need a legit 600W supply for the 970's

It's all about personal preference

Solution

MaxDNet

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014

Seems so far the best way to go.
Will upgrade other parts in the meanwhile than.