[SOLVED] Upgrade from a RX570

3600X
RX570
2x8 (16gb) Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM 3200mhz
X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi
Seasonic S12 111 550w
500gb M.2
500gb ssd

As the title suggests, Im planning on giving my son the rx570 and upgrading to something else. What would be a suitable upgrade without breaking the bank? Im not a massive gamer, mainly games like pubg, first person shooters etc.

Solution
3600X
RX570
X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi
Seasonic S12 111 550w
500gb M.2
500gb ssd

As the title suggests, Im planning on giving my son the rx570 and upgrading to something else. What would be a suitable upgrade without breaking the bank? Im not a massive gamer, mainly games like pubg, first person shooters etc.

A 1660 Ti would certainly be an improvement: on Userbenchmark (not the be all end all when comparing performance, but it gives an idea) it looks like the 1660 Ti will give a solid 50% boost over your RX 570. Interestingly, it specifically singles out PUBG for a 63% boost in frame rates.

If you can afford it, I would absolutely recommend you a RTX 2060. If you look at the...

Lutfij

Titan
Logically you're supposed to be moving up the order in terms of GPU horsepower so it should either be a RTX2060 or higher. The PSU(wattage and quality) is preventing you from going into the RTX3000 series, mind you.

Also, we'll need to know your budget and location so the suggestions we'll be making are indeed relevant to your region. Some regions have parts priced higher than conventional MSRP.

Reactions: kurdtnz
UK £300-ish. I dont need the latest and greatest, just something that will be a little bit of a step up from the rx570.
The motherboard you listed is an ITX board. Is this listed correctly in your build? If so, it would be good to know what chassis (case) you have to verify new GPU size compatibility. Probably won't be an issue but never hurts to check and make sure.

As for your PSU, production of your power supply was outsourced to a different company and the results were less than stellar. Even so, Seasonic still put their name on it. This is why its quality was mentioned in the first reply.

Yeah, sorry, the case is not an issue even though it's an itx board, i have a thermaltake c35. And yes, im aware the psu isnt the greatest, but it should be able to handle something like a 1660 ti, no?
You have a midtower. Good to know. GPU clearance range is 310-410mm depending on the cooling configuration in your case. The GPU I'm listing is $269 and has a $20 promo code lowering the price to $249 if you pick it up this weekend from Newegg and $30 rebate lowering the price further. If you're shopping outside the US we can look for an alternative if you'd like.
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/RG...tus-xs-video-card-gtx-1660-ti-ventus-xs-6g-oc

3600X
RX570
X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi
Seasonic S12 111 550w
500gb M.2
500gb ssd

A 1660 Ti would certainly be an improvement: on Userbenchmark (not the be all end all when comparing performance, but it gives an idea) it looks like the 1660 Ti will give a solid 50% boost over your RX 570. Interestingly, it specifically singles out PUBG for a 63% boost in frame rates.

If you can afford it, I would absolutely recommend you a RTX 2060. If you look at the Link here, you'll see that its overall a 75% improvement over the RX 570, and is also good for double the fps that a RX 570 can achieve in PUBG.

Either a GTX 1660 Ti or a RTX 2060 should work fine with the rest of your system, including your PSU.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS