Question upgrade from gigabyte z77x-d3h lga1155

Krisztian_85

Honorable
Apr 9, 2017
hi, overall i'm happy with the performance of my gigabyte z77x-d3h with an i7-3770k, but i'm having issues with the usb 3.0, aparently the win10 drivers are not compatible with this specific via usb chipset and not much i can do about it. i need usb 2.0 for some devices, but atm i'm having some issues (ground) if some devices connected and used for a period of time.

anyway looks like it is time to upgrade, What is the next generation of motherboard, which has good win10 support in general and atx and has lots of usb connectors and similar in performance/quality? z87/z97? and what cpu could give me maybe a little bit more performance than the 3770k for gaming? i do not want to spend the money to get latest generation.

thanks

Krisztian_85

Honorable
Apr 9, 2017
Trying to find a Z87/Z97 ATX board & Haswell/Devils Canyon i7 could be quite pricey, possibly more expensive then a first or second gen AMD Ryzen platform upgrade.

Could a USB hub possibly solve your issue?
well i ordered an external powered usb hub, and we will see how it goes. I always had intel i am not really up to date of what is happening on the market. this is why i'm asking

WildCard999

Titan
well i ordered an external powered usb hub, and we will see how it goes. I always had intel i am not really up to date of what is happening on the market. this is why i'm asking
Honestly, the 3770K is still a decent CPU even by today's standards. If the USB hub fixes your issue then I'd focus on getting a good aftermarket cooler and overclocking it as far as it will safely go.

Krisztian_85

Honorable
Apr 9, 2017
i have the usb hub plugged in to usb2.0 (belkin external powered) and it recognizes my device , but it won't work with it (won't show up in controll panel, just like i'm using a usb3.0 plug.)
a pci-e usb card would work maybe? anyone knows a chip what defo supported by windows 10?

so from here i think i need a new motherboard+cpu, which i don't know what should be a si would prefer a bit of a performance step up from here.