Question Upgrade from GTX 1050ti 4GB to GTX 1650ti 4GB?

Jul 15, 2024
My PC is pretty old, and honestly i cant afford to upgrade it right now... My Specs-
I5-7600, 7th gen
RAM - 16GB, 2400 Mhz
GTX 1050ti 4GB
450 WATT PSU
I bought "Forza Forbidden West" yesterday and it ran like crap even on low settings, I have made up my mind to upgrade my GPU. Would GTX 1650 be good option? or can you suggest some other graphic card that i can get with my hardware? Or should i just wait and assemble a new CPU? Im also thinking to buy a PS5, PC hardware become obsolete so soon.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

450 WATT PSU
450W is the advertised wattage of the unit. What is the make and model of the PSU and it's age?

What is the make and model of your case and motherboard,

I would advise against the GPU swap since it's a horizontal upgrade not a vertical upgrade. To entertain your question, where are you located, what is your budget and what is your preferred site for purchase and what sort of app's/titles you want to tax the GPU purchase with.

Jul 15, 2024
The difference between GTX 1050TI & GTX 1650TI are small and not worth, for me you can just save up some money and get a brand new 550/650 Watt psu and get rtx 3060 or even used rtx 2060, i know the cpu maybe will be bottlenecked, but its fine to atleast run some games at 60fps, and in the future you will only need to change the cpu since rtx 3060 can handle almost all games on 1080p 60fps, if you really want to upgrade and can't afford a brand new psu, i would recomend you to go into used Gtx 1660 so you can see the huge fps diff, but make sure you have a good psu.

WayneTech

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2017
Hey bud,

GTX 1650ti is a mobile GPU, normally targeted towards compact PCs and Laptops. To give you an idea though:

Userbenchmark quotes "The GTX 1650 supersedes NVIDIA’s two year old 1050ti, outperforming it by around 52%."

For your build, you would certainly feel the increase. If you are investing privately, I would recommend as others have said into looking at new generations ie GTX 2060 which you might pick up for an equivalent price.

If you are able to get a GTX 1650 at a significantly discounted rate then it would likely serve the bump in performance you are looking for.

Its not always about saving up and waiting, some people wanna rock and roll now and there is nothing wrong with that.