[SOLVED] Upgrade from GTX 780 to GTX 1060 or 1070

Mar 2, 2020
Hi, I'm a bit stuck I would like to upgrade my pc.
The current specs is,
Mother board Asus Z87M Plus Rev X
CUP I7 4770 3.4 mhz 340kHz
GPU Nvidia GTX 780. Palit GeForce GTX 780 3GB Super JetStream edition ition
My power supply is RM 750

The question is,what GPU to go for, budget is about £300
Should I upgrade the CPU too if so, any recommendations please.
Also looking at this monitor, ASUS VA326N-W 31.5" FULL HD 144HZ CURVED GAMING MONITOR

The main games I play is World of Tanks (1080p) ,and some FPS Steam games.
Or should I just bit the bullet and buy a new PC. Don't really fancy spending £1000+

Many thanks for any advice.

Last edited:
Solution
Also looking at this monitor, ASUS VA326N-W 31.5" FULL HD 144HZ CURVED GAMING MONITOR

I'm a little concerned at that monitor - it mentions a 144Hz refresh rate, but I see no indication on the few sites I've checked that it has FreeSync or GSync.

If you're using a high refresh monitor, it's far preferable to get one with FreeSync. The Nvidia 10-, 16-, and 20- series cards all work with FreeSync, and if your GPU can't keep up at the max refresh, the refresh gets adjusted on demand to match what the video card can put out.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador

I'm a little concerned at that monitor - it mentions a 144Hz refresh rate, but I see no indication on the few sites I've checked that it has FreeSync or GSync.

If you're using a high refresh monitor, it's far preferable to get one with FreeSync. The Nvidia 10-, 16-, and 20- series cards all work with FreeSync, and if your GPU can't keep up at the max refresh, the refresh gets adjusted on demand to match what the video card can put out.

Solution