osmaanatlii

Reputable
Jul 13, 2019
I've been using the i3 7100 + 1050 Ti setup for almost 3 years.
The i3 7100 is bottlenecking most current AAA games, especially Battlefield 1/V and the new Assassin's Creed (origins,odyssey,valhalla).
For now, I don't plan to buy a new PC or video card, I'm just looking for a used / secondhand CPU that will work for current aaa games.
My motherboard is Asus Prime B250M-K.
And I don't want to spend a lot of money for a new processor, after all I will use it with the 1050 ti.
Which i5 7600/7500 and i7 6th/7th generation processors would you recommend that I can use with this motherboard?

My Setup:
i3 7100
8gb 2400mhz ram (i'll add one more to use dual channel)
B250M-K
1050Ti
500w PSU

Solution
For modern AAA games you want at least 8 cpu threads and the i5 is not a big enough upgrade over the i3 to be worthwhile. This makes the i7 the more suitable choice, however they are usually way overpriced for their level of performance. How much can you find an i7 for? FYI the i7 is only about equal to a modern entry level cpu.

Also adding RAM is not guaranteed to work. RAM is best bought in matched kits to avoid issues. You may be better off just saving for a new cpu, motherboard & RAM combination.
For modern AAA games you want at least 8 cpu threads and the i5 is not a big enough upgrade over the i3 to be worthwhile. This makes the i7 the more suitable choice, however they are usually way overpriced for their level of performance. How much can you find an i7 for? FYI the i7 is only about equal to a modern entry level cpu.

Also adding RAM is not guaranteed to work. RAM is best bought in matched kits to avoid issues. You may be better off just saving for a new cpu, motherboard & RAM combination.

Reactions: osmaanatlii
Solution
I've been using the i3 7100 + 1050 Ti setup for almost 3 years.
The i3 7100 is bottlenecking most current AAA games, especially Battlefield 1/V and the new Assassin's Creed (origins,odyssey,valhalla).
For now, I don't plan to buy a new PC or video card, I'm just looking for a used / secondhand CPU that will work for current aaa games.
My motherboard is Asus Prime B250M-K.
And I don't want to spend a lot of money for a new processor, after all I will use it with the 1050 ti.
Which i5 7600/7500 and i7 6th/7th generation processors would you recommend that I can use with this motherboard?

My Setup:
i3 7100
8gb 2400mhz ram (i'll add one more to use dual channel)
B250M-K
1050Ti
500w PSU
Shop for an exact match ram stick to what you have.
There is no guarantee the 2 sticks will play nice together so make sure you can return it.
If they do play nice together you will get a bump in ram amount and data speed.....perf.
Since you don't have a high power cpu work at stopping unneeded background stuff.

osmaanatlii

Reputable
Jul 13, 2019
In my country the cheapest i7 6700 is $125-145 and i7 7700 avg. $170 (used)

Do you think it's worth buying a new processor and motherboard for the 1050 ti?
and
If I buy another ram that has the same brand and model as the ram in the computer, is there no guarantee of using dual channels?
if so, I should sell my RAM and buy a ram as a new pair.

And thank you very much for all the answers.

Reactions: Why_Me
In my country the cheapest i7 6700 is $125-145 and i7 7700 avg. $170 (used)

Do you think it's worth buying a new processor and motherboard for the 1050 ti?
and
If I buy another ram that has the same brand and model as the ram in the computer, is there no guarantee of using dual channels?
if so, I should sell my RAM and buy a ram as a new pair.

And thank you very much for all the answers.
It's your call what direction you want to go.
If you decide to try the ram route make sure you can send it back.

TRENDING THREADS