Matking

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2015
My current system:
I5 4460
8gb DDR3 ram
Rx 570 4gb
1080p display

Basically almost all games of recent years horribly stutters most of time, usually 1% Lows are 0 to 10 fps :).. And my cpu usage usually sets between 90-100% all the time and GPU usage 60-70%.. Some of those games are mafia definitive edition, gow, days gone, watch dogs legion, pubg, halo etc.. Whatever setting I set low or high they stutter.
I can't play cod warzone because of ram bottleneck.

So now I m upgrading to 12400f and 16gb ddr4 3200mhz ram and same rx 570 4gb
Will I see improvements in 1% low fps or help me to eliminate stutters in games after upgrade?

Reactions: Why_Me
Solution
Double the ram, hyperthreading and much better ipc yadda yadda. You'll see a great deal better performance in all aspects. Gpu should perform somewhat better too not being ill resourced by a tapped out cpu.

Matking

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2015
Double the ram, hyperthreading and much better ipc yadda yadda. You'll see a great deal better performance in all aspects. Gpu should perform somewhat better too not being ill resourced by a tapped out cpu.
Good to hear as I m not planning to upgrade GPU for a year or 2 as u know why... I was fed up with stuttering all the time, fsr on or off same fps..

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Good to hear as I m not planning to upgrade GPU for a year or 2 as u know why... I was fed up with stuttering all the time, fsr on or off same fps..

570 no issue carrying you over until then with a strong cpu behind it.

What's your storage setup for os and games? If you don't have at least an sata ssd for both, now is the time. Not just for quicker level loading but asset loading on the fly and pagefile performance increases. Random access in games is rather important, and with either m2 or sata, of a good known ssd brand ie Samsung, Crucial will do wonders. Both sata / m2 variants are almost similar in random access times so it's up to you which to go for. M2 has quicker transfer rates which won't really matter if not coping large files. Besides that, no cables to deal with.

Reactions: Matking

Matking

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2015
570 no issue carrying you over until then with a strong cpu behind it.

What's your storage setup for os and games? If you don't have at least an sata ssd for both, now is the time. Not just for quicker level loading but asset loading on the fly and pagefile performance increases. Random access in games is rather important, and with either m2 or sata, of a good known ssd brand ie Samsung, Crucial will do wonders. Both sata / m2 variants are almost similar in random access times so it's up to you which to go for. M2 has quicker transfer rates which won't really matter if not coping large files. Besides that, no cables to deal with.
I have brought last year Crucial mx500 250gb SSD for os only as my current mb don't support m.2, games are stored in hdd... but will be upgrading it soon to ssd for games as unreal engine 5 games are gonna be released soon.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS