[SOLVED] Upgrade from Pentium G4560 to Ryzen 3 2200G or Intel i3 9100F

May 26, 2019
I am planning to upgrade my G4560 to either Ryzen 3 2200G or Intel i3 9100F, Which one would be better? I currently have a GTX 1050ti and two sticks of 4 GB RAM (2133 mhz each) I would only use this PC for gaming. Which CPU should I buy? and which motherboard do y'all recommend? Is my RAM speed enough for both CPUs?

and also side note, these are the price point for both of the CPUs in my country:
Intel i3 9100F $110.31
Ryzen 3 2200G $103.60

Solution
For the Intel RAM speed makes little difference, for Ryzen get the fastest speed you can afford and the motherboard you choose can support. But as Hazzahead said the Intel is the better chip, I woudl still recommend 2666 RAM as the price is usually the same or a couple bucks more.
For the Intel RAM speed makes little difference, for Ryzen get the fastest speed you can afford and the motherboard you choose can support. But as Hazzahead said the Intel is the better chip, I woudl still recommend 2666 RAM as the price is usually the same or a couple bucks more.

Solution

popatim

Titan
Considering the investment you need to make to go to either of those processors (motherbd, cpu, & ram (at least for the amd)), why not go to an even more powerful 8-series intel cpu and use the motherbd you already have? Surely you can find an i5 or i7-8xxx for $300 or so (might be used for the i7).

May 26, 2019
Considering the investment you need to make to go to either of those processors (motherbd, cpu, & ram (at least for the amd)), why not go to an even more powerful 8-series intel cpu and use the motherbd you already have? Surely you can find an i5 or i7-8xxx for $300 or so (might be used for the i7).
I currently have a H110M motherboard. Sadly, I don't think it supports the 8th gen line up of Intel or does it?