Upgrade from Radeon Sapphire HD 6950 2gb

Icee

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
Well guess it is about that time to upgrade, the graphics card I have now has unlocked Shaders, Have not upgraded or kept up with the GPU products, I always go with AMD/sapphire all i ever had. I have just bought GTA V I can run it on ultra but every now an then ill have this tiny bit of lag so wondering what is a good GPU to get now these days looking to spend a max of 300. Thanks.

Solution
That lag doesn't always mean it's a gpu problem, it could be a small cpu problem on the optimization side of things and your cpu could be dropping its clock causing a small stutter every so often.

clifford64

Honorable
May 18, 2014
That lag doesn't always mean it's a gpu problem, it could be a small cpu problem on the optimization side of things and your cpu could be dropping its clock causing a small stutter every so often.

Solution

Icee

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
Hmm, I could go with the 290x For sapphire brand it isnt that much, Unless there is another brand better than the sapphire? and My cpu still working with an 15 2500k i used to have it OC until one my fans just stopped working then over heating issues lol..never got around to get a new one