Upgrade from RC???PLEASE HELP!!!

Asinger93

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
I have the windows 7 RC and was considering the half off upgrade to the full version. But, I was wondering if it would work, it being an RC.

baddad

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2006
According to MS you can upgrade the RC.

"You've been using Windows® 7 for a while now, and we hope you've been enjoying a simpler PC experience. Because you've been a loyal Windows customer, we're offering you the Windows 7 upgrade at a great introductory price* - only $49.99 for Home Premium or $99.99 for Professional. It's our way of saying thanks for trying it out. To take advantage of this deal, pre-order your copy while supplies last."

JessieJ

Distinguished
May 20, 2009

Is there a way to verify that you can upgrade a Release Candidate. If so - I'd pre-order. If not, I'll wait for the OEM version. I know I'm keeping Windows 7 - but I was under the impression you can only upgrade versions that you had already purchased.

tonyn84

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2008
From what I have seen via web searching, it sounds like the Windows 7 upgrade is for XP and Vista, there is no mention of upgrading from Beta/RC to it. Even if it were, as someone above pointed out, directly upgrading the OS is never a good idea, just format and install the full version.