Upgrade from Windows 7 to 8?

Arbegust

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
Just wondering if it would be prudent to upgrade from Windows 7 to 8. I read about some of the new features and found them interesting, but wonder how stable the operating system will be. Will it have the same driver issues that plagued Vista? I mainly use my home PC for gaming so I wonder how much of a difference Windows 8 will make. Any feedback wold be much appreciated!

kilo_17

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
I think I'm going to go for the upgrade...I'm kind of excited to get to know the new interface..something fresh and new. As far as stability goes, I personally don't think there will be much of a problem, but you never know with drivers :p . I'd say go for it, if you're ready for the new interface..and if there are any little bugs they should be worked out over time. I could be completely wrong, and it could be a complete disaster at launch :lol: but I kinda doubt that.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
All you have to do is answer one question:

Do you want to pay $70 (as of this writing) for new features?

If you said yes then upgrade, otherwise wait.

I wouldn't be concerned about driver issues. Hardware makers and Microsoft don't want to go through Vista's problems again and have been working hard to avoid them.

kilo_17

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011

You can actually get it for $40 if you download it online..but you're right, it's $70 for a physical DVD.